Efficiency in energy and logistics
One of Brazil’s largest companies, Cosan focuses its investments on strategic industries, such as agribusiness, fuel and natural gas distribution, lubricants and logistics. Over nearly eight decades of operation, Cosan diversified its business to build a portfolio of industry leaders such as Raízen Combustíveis, Raízen Energia, Comgás, Moove and Rumo.
- Raízen Combustíveis: Brazil’s third-largest fuel distributor, it manages a fuel distribution network of over 6,000 Shell service stations throughout Brazil.
- Raízen Energia: the leading producer of sugarcane ethanol in Brazil and the world’s largest individual exporter of cane sugar.
- Comgás: present in 177 cities throughout the state of São Paulo, Comgás is currently Brazil’s largest natural gas distributor.
- Moove: one of Brazil’s largest players in the lubricant segment, it produces and distributes Mobil brand products and base oils. It also markets Mobil products in Bolivia, Uruguay, Paraguay and Spain, and is present in over 40 European and Asian countries through the Comma brand.
- Rumo: Latin America’s largest logistics operator, managing an independent railroad network with annual transportation capacity of 18 million tons, covering 7,500 miles in seven Brazilian states.
With a strong focus on innovation, competitiveness, efficiency and respect for the environment, Cosan invests in sectors of critical importance to the development of Brazil. Its energy and logistics operations, managed by a seasoned, committed and result-driven team, have been helping Brazil to lay the foundation for lasting and sustainable growth.
Listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) since 2007 under the ticker CZZ, Cosan Limited is the holding company that manages Cosan’s asset portfolio. It controls and governs each company in the portfolio and is responsible for capital allocation. Its subsidiaries, Cosan S/A (CSAN3) and Cosan Logística (RLOG3), are listed on the Novo Mercado segment of the São Paulo Stock Exchange (BM&FBovespa), which is exclusively for companies committed to the highest standards of corporate governance in Brazil.